Enjoy a Fresh Lunch at Week #9 of the Marketposted by SPD Communications on July 15, 2014 in Market
We open week nine of the Statehouse Market this week. Last week, multiple vendors brought their first sweet corn of the season including both Wilson and Bryant Farms. Plan on being able to stock up on sweet corn this week. Wondering what’s going to be the new produce item this week? Check out the list below for what our vendors are bringing then be sure to check out all of our vendors on market day to see what other new items they have.
Ever wonder what a bee colony looks like? Wildflower Ridge Honey will be bringing an Observation Hive to exhibit the internal workings of a bee hive to market shoppers. The Observation Hive will be completely encased in glass and prefect for getting an up close look at a hive.
This week we also welcome back food trucks including Scratch Truck, Duos Indy, Slider Station, Nacho Mama and Little Eataly. Also this week Citizen Hash will make their first appearance at the market. See you Thursday!
When: July 17, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Robert Orr Plaza and Senate Ave.
What: Produce Vendors and Food Trucks.
As information becomes available on what vendors are growing early in the season, we’ll post items vendors are bringing.
- Wildflower Ridge Honey – Raw Honey, Whipped Honey and honey products. Coffee Infused Honey made with locally roasted coffee, Vanilla Infused Honey made with Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Trail Rations, the new pink lemonade honey sticks, and more lip balm flavors!
- Posey & Pumpkins – Produce and plants. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Posey & Pumpkins.
- Van Antwerp Farm Market – Produce. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Van Antwerp Farms.
- Bryant Farm – – Asian and Italian eggplants new this week. Also green beans, yellow beans, potatoes, summer squash and banana peppers. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Bryant Farm.
- Wilson Farms – Free range eggs, sweet corn, greens, rhubarb, bedding plants, and herbs.
- Oberweis Dairy – milk samples and raspberry lemonade samples.
- Red Barn Meats – grass fed beef, grain fed beef, pork, goat, and lamb. They’ll also have bulk beef and bulk lamb for sale. If you are interested in bulk prices, please email Angela Abney with Red Barn Meats at email@example.com. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Red Barn Meats.
- The Pork Shoppe – Frozen Pork products including pork chops, pork burgers, 3 types of sausage, bacon, and both loin and shoulder roasts. Check out their new bundle specials.
- Simple Taste Specialty Bakery – Hot dog and hamburger buns, strawberry/rhubarb pies, and apple pie brownies.
- Tulip Tree Creamery – Cultured Butter, Fromage Frais, Fresh Mozzarella and their popular cheese curds return!
- Flat Rock Farms – Produce
- Biltz Greenhouses – Sweet corn, tomatoes, blueberries, peppers, potatoes, green beans, and onions.
- Duos Indy
- Little Eataly
- Nacho Mama
- The NY Slice
- Gigi’s Cupcake Truck
- Some of This Some of That
- Greiner’s Sub Shop
- Scratch Truck
- Slider Station
- Hoosier Fat Daddys
- Citizen Hash
- Nicey Treat