Paleo offerings, new produce available at Aug. 7 marketposted by SPD Communications on August 5, 2014 in Market
Week 12 of the Statehouse Market is this Thursday. If you missed it last week, Blitz Greenhouses debuted their freshly picked apples, so look for more apples at their stand. Also Van Antwerp Farm Market continues to bring their watermelons grown in Jackson County. Also check out each stand for squash, eggplants and sweet corn. We’ve listed produce below that vendors are bringing this week.
If you are looking for new selections, have you tried Simple Taste Bakery’s new paleo pulled pork sandwich? Offered as a lunch combo the a paleo pulled pork sandwich is served with potato salad and a drink for $8. The pulled pork is cooked fresh from The Pork Shoppe.
Speaking of paleo, we’ve posted a new video profile of Caveman Truck also here this week. The video is posted below and all our video profiles are uploaded to our YouTube Channel.
Other food trucks include Taste of the Caribbean, Spice Box, Neighborhood Pizza, Tacos Without Borders, Pierogi Love Indy, Greiner’s Sub Shop, Talkin Turkey, Soul Sista On The Move, Scout’s Treat Truck, Nicey Treat and Dashboard Diner. We hope to see you Thursday!
When: August 7, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Robert Orr Plaza
What: Produce Vendors and Food Trucks.
We’ll post the items as information becomes available on what vendors are bringing this week.
- Wildflower Ridge Honey – Raw honey, whipped honey and honey products. Coffee infused honey made with locally roasted coffee, vanilla infused honey made with madagascar vanilla beans, the new jalapeño infused honey and more lip balm flavors! Learn more about their farm with the Farm Visit Video for Wildflower Ridge Honey.
- Posey & Pumpkins – Produce and plants. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Posey & Pumpkins.
- Van Antwerp Farm Market – Watermelon, tomatoes, green beans and other produce. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Van Antwerp Farms.
- Bryant Farm – Green beans, yellow wax beans, eggplants, asian eggplants, potatoes and squash. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Bryant Farm.
- Wilson Farms – Free range eggs, sweet corn, greens, tomatoes, rhubarb, bedding plants and herbs. Learn more about their farm with the Farm Visit Video for Wilson Farm.
- Oberweis Dairy – Milk samples and raspberry lemonade samples.
- Red Barn Meats – Grass fed beef, grain fed beef, pork, goat and lamb, soup bones, knuckle bones, and beef variety meats. They also have a variety of pork as well as various lamb & goat items. If you are interested in bulk prices, please email Angela Abney with Red Barn Meats at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Red Barn Meats.
- The Pork Shoppe – Frozen Pork products including pork chops, pork burgers, three types of sausage, bacon and both loin and shoulder roasts. Check out their new bundle specials.
- Simple Taste Specialty Bakery – Returning this week is their lunch combo. A paleo pulled pork sandwich with potato salad and a drink for $8 with fresh cooked Pulled Pork from The Pork Shoppe. Also returning is their new gluten, dairy, nut, yeast, corn and soy-free taco bowls and they’ll also have hot dog and hamburger buns, strawberry/rhubarb pies, and apple pie brownies.
- Biltz Greenhouses – Returning this week are their fresh picked Apples. Also they’ll have sweet corn, tomatoes, blueberries, peppers, potatoes, green beans and onions.
Our cheese vendor, Tulip Tree, returns next week.
Caveman Truck – Try the Barnyard Chili this week
Tacos Without Borders
Neighborhood Pizza – Ultra-thin Margarita: Indiana grown tomatoes, low fat mozzarella cheese and fresh picked basil from Van Antwerp Farm
Scouts Treat Truck
Soul Sista On the Move
Talkin Turkey – Try the Grilled Turkey Burger or Vegetarian Red Beans & Rice
Greiner’s Sub Shop – Try their healthy offering, the Turkey Sub , with your choice of toppings. Other subs include the Cheesesteak, Italian Hoagie, Meatball Sub, Ham and Cheese and Gyro
Pierogi Love Indy
Taste of The Caribbean – See their Vendor Profile Video
We are debuting a new profile video for another food truck attending the market this week. This week we feature an interview with Shelby Malaterre who owns and operates the Caveman Truck, the only Paleo diet food truck here in Indianapolis. Learn about the Paleo diet and how Caveman Truck’s menu helps people transition to eating healthier. Hopefully after watching, you will be able to make an informed healthy choice on market day with Caveman Truck.