Welcome to Week #5 of the Marketposted by SPD Communications on June 16, 2014 in Market
This week, we return to our normal setup along the Robert Orr Plaza Drive and Senate Avenue. We also welcome a new set of food trucks, including the return of Little Eataly, and we have more information about what our produce vendors are bringing this week. Also, we’re happy this week to premier our first vendor profile video. First up is a profile of one of our Invest In Your Health food trucks, Nacho Mama’s Food Truck. The video is posted at the bottom of the post. See you at the market Thursday!
When: June 19, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Robert Orr Plaza and Senate Ave.
What: Produce Vendors and Food Trucks.
As information becomes available on what vendors are growing early in the season, we’ll post items vendors are bringing.
- Wildflower Ridge Honey – Raw Honey, Whipped Honey and honey products. New items include: Coffee Infused Honey made with locally roasted coffee, Vanilla Infused Honey made with Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Trail Rations (a 12 oz. reusable pouch of honey that is collapsible and great for hiking, backpacking, camping, biking, etc.) and more lip balm flavors!
- Posey & Pumpkins – Produce and plants. Learn more about the farm
- VanAntwerp Farm Market – Produce. Learn more about the farm.
- Oberweis Dairy – Milk
- Bryant Farm – cabbage, broccoli, spring onions, zucchini, and summer squash. Learn more about the farm
- Wilson Farms – Free range eggs, asparagus, greens, rhubarb, bedding plants, and herbs.
- Simple Taste Specialty Bakery – breads, pizza crusts, homemade pasta and sweets
- Tulip Tree Creamery – Cultured Butter, Fromage Frais, and Fresh Mozzarella.
- Flat Rock Farms – Produce
- Biltz Greenhouses – Produce including potatoes and beans.
NOTE: Red Barn Meats and The Pork Shoppe are not attending this week. If you are interested in products from Red Barn Meats, please email Angela Abney with Red Barn Meats at email@example.com.
Two trucks are here at the market for the first time. Johnson’s Bar-B-Que Shack serves everything smoked like Rib Tips, Pulled Pork or Chicken, Boneless Chops and Chicken Wings. Simple and Good also attends with their selection of sandwiches and salads. Also Little Eataly returns and is here every other week moving forward.
Below is the first in a series of video profiles of our food trucks and produce vendors you see at the market on Thursdays. These videos are a brief introduction to the vendor and hopefully help you make an excellent choice on market day. This week we meet Nacho Mama’s Food Truck, a vegetarian/vegan food truck from Indianapolis, owned and operated by Christen Moore.