This week the market vendors again park on Robert Orr Plaza Drive only.
When: September 4, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Robert Orr Plaza, Indianapolis
What: Produce Vendors and Food Trucks
Three picks of the week
Fall is here and so are pie pumpkins. Van Antwerp’s Farm Market brought pie pumpkins for the first time last week and they’ll have more Thursday. Also check out their selection of tomatoes and squash.
Looking for mums? Two of our vendors Posey & Pumpkins and Flat Rock Farms are selling mums tomorrow. Flat Rock says they’re selling mums for $5 each, 3 for $14, 5 for $20 or 10 for $30. Check both stands and take your pick.
Nacho Mama’s Food Truck is here Thursday and features their Vegan Rice Bowl. We like everything owner Christen Moore makes. The vegan offering features Spanish rice topped with refried beans, fresh salsa, guacamole and served with a side of blue chips for just $6.
Bonus picks: Bacon. I said BACON! The Pork Shoppe say’s they’ll have bacon in inventory. Be sure to stop by early to get yours. Wildflower Ridge Honey is bringing chunk honey. Scratchtruck has a Black-Eyed Pea Succotash w/ Creole Mustard Vinaigrette as a side item or try Duos Chicken Curried Sandwich.
- Biltz Greenhouses Featuring varieties of apples, plus sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers and potatoes.
- Bryant Farm – This week: sweet peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes and hot peppers.
- Oberweis Dairy – Offering samples of milk and other Oberweis products.
- Posey & Pumpkins – Tomatoes, corn, peppers plus mums, asters, sunflowers and other seasonal plants.
- The Pork Shoppe – Frozen pork products including pork chops, pork burgers, three types of sausage, bacon and both loin and shoulder roasts. This week: BACON.
- Red Barn Meats – Grass fed beef, grain fed beef, pork, goat and lamb, soup bones, knuckle bones, and beef variety meats. They also have a variety of pork as well as various lamb & goat items.
- Simple Taste Specialty Bakery – Featuring specialty, gluten-free breads including Paleo, banana, zucchini and pumpkin. Also check out owner Jenny Cleave’s weekly selection of desserts.
- Van Antwerp Farm Market – Tomatoes, green beans, eggplants, sweet corn and other produce.
- Wilson Farm – Watermelons, pears, sweet corn, greens, tomatoes and herbs.
- Wildflower Ridge Honey – They have a new batch of jalapeno infused and fresh chunk honey this week.
- Flat Rock Farms – Mums for sale.
- Tulip Tree Creamery – This week products include Trillium, their triple-cream, mold-ripened cheese similar to Brie and Camembert (see photo at right). Also Haymaids, Fromage Frais, Larkspur, fresh Mozzarella and cultured butter.
- Duos Indy – See their menu on their profile.
- Little Eataly – Try their Sicilian Chicken Salad or Cucumber Tomato Salad.
- Nacho Mama – Vegan Rice Bowl is featured.
- Brozinni Pizza – Try the 34th Street pizza slice. Last visit this season.
- Sweet Jeanius – Featuring a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie this week. Last visit this season.
- Some Of This Some Of That
- Pierogi Love Indy
- Slider Station
- Chef Dan’s Southern Comfort – Try the Vegan Red Beans and Rice (also gluten-free) for $7
- Ahh Burritos
- Nicey Treat