Even cold temperatures, wind and snow won’t deter our Statehouse Market patrons. But rest assured, we’re sticking with holding Opening Day in May. In fact, we made it official at Ag Day 2014: Statehouse Market opens May 22 and runs through Oct. 9. That’s 21 markets this season for you to eat a fresh lunch and shop for a healthy dinner.
We’re happy to announce our produce vendors we’ve confirmed for the season. Those include Wildflower Ridge Honey, Ludwig Farmstead Creamery, Posey & Pumpkins, VanAntwerp Farm Market, Oberweis Dairy, Bryant Farms, Flat Rock Farms, Wilson Farm, Blitz Greenhouse, Red Barn Meats and Simple Taste Specialty Bakery.
On the food truck front, we’ve selected our seven “Invest In Your Health” trucks and they are Duos Mobile, Nicey Treat, Nacho Mama’s, Caveman Truck, Little Eataly, Tacos Without Borders and Spice Box. These trucks, committed to serving healthy selections, rotate on a weekly basis as a group of four. We have 12 food trucks scheduled for each week, including many of Indianapolis’ other top trucks.
A special thanks to our customers, food trucks and all of those associated with Ag Day 2014 for braving the cold and making it a successful event. Learn more about our Ag Day partners by visiting them online at the links below.
- Lieutenant Governor Sue Ellspermann: www.in.gov/lg/ | (@SueEllspermann)
- Indiana State Department of Agriculture: www.in.gov/isda/ | (@ISDAgov)
- Indiana Family of Farmers: indianafamilyoffarmers.com | (@FamilyofFarmers)
- Indiana FFA: www.indianaffa.org/ | (@IndianaFFA)
- Blue The Mascot, Indianapolis Colts: www.colts.com | @BlueColtsMascot