Sunny skies expected for this week’s marketposted by SPD Communications on August 12, 2014 in Market
The forecast calls for sun at this Thursday’s Statehouse Market. This week Wildflower Ridge Honey debuts its’ first honeycomb chunk honey of the season and Tulip Tree Creamery returns to the market with two new cheeses. If you missed it last week, Van Antwerp Farm Market debuted their juicy cantaloupes, Wilson Farms brought Asian pears and Blitz Greenhouses premiered two more varieties of apples. We’ve listed produce below that vendors are bringing this week.
Simple Taste Specialty Bakery has teamed up with three other market vendors on their Paleo Pulled Pork Walking Taco. Offered as a lunch combo served with potato salad and a small desert for $8. The taco features The Pork Shoppe’s pulled pork, Wildflower Ridge Honey’s BBQ sauce and fresh tomatoes from Bryant Farm.
- Learn more about Simple Taste Specialty Bakery in our latest vendor video profile. The video is linked below and all our video profiles are uploaded to our YouTube Channel.
This weeks food trucks include Little Eataly, Duos, Serendipity, Brozinni Pizza, Nacho Mama, Der Pretzel Wagen, Some of This Some of That, Dhaba Indy, Slider Station, Heavenly Sweets, Nicey Treat and Hoosier Fat Daddys. We hope to see you Thursday!
When: August 14, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Robert Orr Plaza
What: Produce Vendors and Food Trucks.
We’ll post the items as information becomes available on what vendors are bringing this week.
- Wildflower Ridge Honey – New this week will be their first portions of honeycomb chunk honey. They will also have raw honey, whipped honey, the new jalapeño infused honey and more lip balm flavors! Learn more about their farm with the Farm Visit Video for Wildflower Ridge Honey.
- Posey & Pumpkins – Produce and plants. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Posey & Pumpkins.
- Van Antwerp Farm Market – Watermelon, tomatoes, green beans and other produce. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Van Antwerp Farms.
- Bryant Farm – Tomatoes, beans, potatoes, banana peppers, and both Italian and Oriental eggplants. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Bryant Farm.
- Wilson Farm – Free range eggs, sweet corn, greens, tomatoes, rhubarb, bedding plants and herbs. Learn more about their farm with the Farm Visit Video for Wilson Farm.
- Oberweis Dairy – Milk samples and raspberry lemonade samples.
- Red Barn Meats – Grass fed beef, grain fed beef, pork, goat and lamb, soup bones, knuckle bones, and beef variety meats. They also have a variety of pork as well as various lamb & goat items. If you are interested in bulk prices, please email Angela Abney with Red Barn Meats at email@example.com. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Red Barn Meats.
- Tulip Tree Creamery – Two New cheeses this week, Trillium a triple-cream, mold-ripened cheese similar to Camembert and Brie and Haymaids which is their Swiss cheese blend. Also they will have their Nettle a soft fresh cheese with mint, sage and stinging nettle leaves on the outside, Cultured Butter, Fromage Frais, Fresh Mozzarella and their popular cheese curds! All of their cheeses go great with baguettes and fruit!
- Simple Taste Specialty Bakery – New this week is the State Fair Cupcakes and returning this week is their lunch combo. A paleo pulled pork walking taco with potato salad and a small desert for $8 with fresh cooked Pulled Pork from The Pork Shoppe. Also returning is their new gluten, dairy, nut, yeast, corn and soy-free taco bowls and they’ll also have hot dog and hamburger buns, apple and plum strudel, and apple pie brownies.
- Biltz Greenhouses – Returning this week are their fresh picked Apples. Also they’ll have sweet corn, tomatoes, blueberries, peppers, potatoes, green beans and onions.
Duos Indy – Try the bold flavors of the Eggplant Sandwich
Little Eataly – Enjoy the Chick Pea Salad
Nacho Mama – Stay fit with the Itty Bitty Mini 200 calorie Taco Salad. See their Vendor Profile Video
Some of This Some of That
Serendipity – Enjoy the tasty Midwest
Der Pretzel Wagen
Hoosier Fat Daddys – Try a Salmon or Turkey Burger
We are debuting a new profile video for another food vendor attending the market this week. This week we feature an interview with Jenny Cleave who owns and operates Simple Taste Specialty Bakery. Simple Taste is a gluten, dairy, corn, and yeast free bakery located in Carmel. Simple Taste produces bakery products for people affected with food allergies, intolerance, and other dietary restrictions. Their products are always gluten, dairy, yeast, and corn free. Simple Taste can also provide custom baking for those in need of specific diets and provide Paleo products as well. Hopefully after watching, you will be able to make an informed healthy choice on market day with Simple Taste Specialty Bakery.