View vendor lineup for Sept. 4 marketposted by SPD Communications on September 3, 2014 in Market
The Statehouse Market enters September, with only six more markets to go for you to eat a fresh lunch and shop for a healthy dinner. This week the market vendors again park on Robert Orr Plaza Drive only.
When: September 4, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Robert Orr Plaza, Indianapolis
What: Produce Vendors and Food Trucks
Three picks of the week
Simple Taste Specialty Bakery features pumpkin, zucchini and banana breads this week. They’re available as a small or a large loaf. As always, Simple Taste’s products are gluten, dairy, yeast, and corn free. Also try their Paleo bread.
Try a sugar baby watermelon or a pear from Wilson Farm of Greenfield. The watermelons are rich and incredibly sweet. Wilson’s pears are wonderfully sweet as well.
Caveman Truck is back again and this week you should try their brussel sprouts. The sprouts are fried in coconut oil and finished with bacon crumbles and lime juice. This dish is profiled in Caveman Truck’s market video on YouTube.
- Biltz Greenhouses Featuring varieties of apples, plus sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers and potatoes.
- Bryant Farm – This week: sweet peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes and hot peppers.
- Oberweis Dairy – Offering samples of milk and other Oberweis products.
- Posey & Pumpkins – Tomatoes, corn, peppers plus mums, asters, sunflowers and other seasonal plants.
- The Pork Shoppe – Frozen pork products including pork chops, pork burgers, three types of sausage, bacon and both loin and shoulder roasts. This week, the Labor Day special has been extended. Get $1 off packages of pork burgers and chops.
- Red Barn Meats – Grass fed beef, grain fed beef, pork, goat and lamb, soup bones, knuckle bones, and beef variety meats. They also have a variety of pork as well as various lamb & goat items.
- Simple Taste Specialty Bakery – Featuring specialty, gluten-free breads including Paleo, banana, zucchini and pumpkin. Also check out owner Jenny Cleave’s weekly selection of desserts.
- Van Antwerp Farm Market – Tomatoes, green beans, eggplants, sweet corn and other produce.
- Wilson Farm – Watermelons, pears, sweet corn, greens, tomatoes and herbs.
- Caveman Truck – Try the brussel sprouts
- Tacos Without Borders
- Spice Box
- Brozinni Pizza
- Scout’s Treat Truck – Featuring lemon shakeups this week
- Talkin Turkey
- Gobble Gobble – Featuring the “Jive Turkey Burger” this week
- Dashboard Diner – Try the Dash Wrap or the Chef Salad
- Greiner’s Sub Shop – Featuring the Turkey Sub
- Der Pretzel Wagen – Featuring the “Bat out of Hell” meatloaf sandwich
- Taste Of The Caribbean
- Nicey Treat
Wildflower Ridge Honey and Tulip Tree Creamery return on Sept. 11.