Welcome to Week #8 of the Marketposted by SPD Communications on July 7, 2014 in Market
It’s week eight of the Statehouse Market. We hope you had a great Fourth of July weekend. In case you missed it last week, Biltz Greenhouses brought the first sweet corn of the season and Van Antwerp premiered its’ first field tomatoes. Be sure to check out all of our vendors on market day to see what new items they have.
This week we debut two new vendor profile videos of vendor/food here this week. We feature a trip to the bee yard of Wildflower Ridge Honey and a look at the popular market food truck Taste of the Caribbean. Both videos appear in the post below and are uploaded to our YouTube Channel.
If you’re looking for lunch, we have you covered. This week we also welcome 12 food trucks including Scratch Truck, Der Pretzel Wagen, Spice Box, Tacos Without Borders, Caveman Truck and Pierogi Love Indy to name a few. See you at the market Thursday!
When: July 10, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Robert Orr Plaza and Senate Ave.
What: Produce Vendors and Food Trucks.
As information becomes available on what vendors are growing early in the season, we’ll post items vendors are bringing.
- Wildflower Ridge Honey – Raw Honey, Whipped Honey and honey products. Coffee Infused Honey made with locally roasted coffee, Vanilla Infused Honey made with Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Trail Rations, the new pink lemonade honey sticks, and more lip balm flavors!
- Posey & Pumpkins – Produce and plants. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Posey & Pumpkins.
- Van Antwerp Farm Market – Produce. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Van Antwerp Farms.
- Bryant Farm – cabbage, broccoli, spring onions, zucchini, and summer squash. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Bryant Farm.
- Wilson Farms – Free range eggs, asparagus, greens, rhubarb, bedding plants, and herbs.
- Oberweis Dairy – milk samples and raspberry lemonade samples.
- Red Barn Meats – grass fed beef, grain fed beef, pork, goat, and lamb. They’ll also have bulk beef and bulk lamb for sale. If you are interested in bulk prices, please email Angela Abney with Red Barn Meats at email@example.com. Learn more about their farm with the Friday Farm Visit for Red Barn Meats.
- The Pork Shoppe – Frozen Pork products including pork chops, pork burgers, 3 types of sausage, bacon, and both loin and shoulder roasts.
- Simple Taste Specialty Bakery – Hot dog and hamburger buns, strawberry/rhubarb pies, and apple pie brownies.
- Tulip Tree Creamery – Cultured Butter, Fromage Frais, and Fresh Mozzarella!
- Flat Rock Farms – Produce
- Biltz Greenhouses – Sweet corn, tomatoes, blueberries, peppers, potatoes, green beans, and onions.
- Caveman Truck
- Tacos Without Borders
- Spice Box
- Brozzini Pizza
- Heavenly Sweets
- Talkin Turkey
- Taste of the Caribbean
- Der Pretzel Wagen
- Scratch Truck
- Pierogi Love Indy
- Ahh Burritos
- Nicey Treat
Take a trip to Anderson to visit Wildflower Ridge Honey, our weekly honey vendor and beekeeper. Join us on this farm visit as we go out into the bee yard and learn a little bit about how honey is extracted from a hive and just how those beekeepers keep from getting stung.
Secondly, we are debuting a second video for another food truck attending the market this week. We interviewed Larry Wharton who owns and operates the Taste of the Caribbean food truck, the only authentic Jamaican cuisine truck in Indianapolis. Larry talks about the food he offers on his truck and shows how he makes his signature Jerk Chicken. Hopefully after watching, you will be able to make an informed healthy choice on market day with Taste of the Caribbean.